That's great! Getting people together to share your interests is very rewarding and a lot of fun. And it's easy if you start small and build a little bit at a time. Here are some basic tips to get you started:
Seven Steps To Starting a Club
- Have a specific topic in mind for your club. Try not to be too general. "Hiking" is better than "Outdoor Recreation" and "Hiking in Pennsylvania" is even better.
- Tell people you know about your new club and ask them what they think and if they'd like to join.
- As an enthusiast yourself, think about what kinds of things you personally want to get out of the club, and then offer those things to members. For example if you want to have a monthly group event, your club should offer this as a benefit.
- Build a web site or Grouvia Group to support your club.
- Find or write content you can offer on your web site and then change it regularly. There are lots of places to get free content online.
- Promote your club and the club web site, through Grouvia or Craigslist or other free venues.
- Hold your first event, and enjoy yourself!
What's a Grouvia Group?
Grouvia helps you manage all your club's information, even your web site presence. It comes with all the tools you'll need to make it easy for you to set up and manage your club with a minimum amount of your time.
Here are just a few of the ways you can use Grouvia to support your new club:
- Post announcements to your group's web site, expiring them automatically after a specific amount of time.
- Automatically notify your members when events are created or updated.
- Create a list of search-friendly topic keywords so your club comes up in search results.
- Your event photos and videos help promote your group, and they automatically get organized into albums in your club's gallery.
- Customize your group's site with your logo & colors, your content, and your navigation.
- Did we mention that this is all free? Grouvia is an ad-driven site, allowing us to offer it to you for no cost whatsoever.
Sign Up Now!
Grouvia's Beta release is now available to any early adopters who want to give it a try. Create an account now and get your new group up and running in as little as 5 minutes!